[Start] Practice Test for K53 Official Learners Exam. Pass your learners
Total Edits: 2
About this learners test (K53 questions and answers):
If you get the answers right in this test you will know everything you need to pass your official learners test whether its the written or computerised exam. We know this from the 1000s of comments we've received from learners that have already passed using the same material.
The sequence of the questions and answers are as follow:
- Questions and Answers related to your vehicle class.
- Questions and Answers on Road Signs.
- Questions and Answers on Rules and Observations.
- Results and Revision.
You should start with the questions and answers related to your vehicles class, thereafter you should proceed to road signs, rules and observations and finally results and revision. The final step is where we show you all the answers you selected incorrectly, this way you will be able to brush-up and perfect your score.
Each category contains all the questions that you will find in question paper A, B and C collectively for a particular class and a number of question from the computerized test. For example, for Light motor vehicles we have taken all the light motor vehicle questions from exam paper A, B and C and joined them into one questionnaire. This way, regardless of the question paper you receive on your test day, you will be ready.
What you need to know:
- To start the test, select the appropriate vehicle class below
- If you would like to study the questions and answers, you can Enable Study Mode, this will reveal all the answers.
- To test your proficiency, Enable Test Mode
- To check if you selected the correct answer, tap on Check My Answer
- Whenever you tap Check My Answer, the system records your selection for the final tally.
- To take maximum benefit, we encourage you to signed in to your toda.co.za account, this way you will be able to review all your incorrect answers at the end of the test.
- Do not rush, take your time and make sure you understand each question before you answer. If you find a question that you don't understand, ask the community.
- Do not reveal the correct answer until you have tried to answer it on your own.
- If you are completely inexperienced, you should Enable Study Mode for all the questions and start the test when you are ready.
- Once you've done the test and you are confident in your progress, start again from the beginning but set a time limit of 50 minutes.
- Remember, if you fail the official test, you have to re-book again and wait for your appointment date. Rather apply yourself here and pass the first time.
Please note: Although each question shows the correct answer, the purpose of this learners test is not for you to memorise the right answer, this learners test and study guide is to help new drivers understand the rules of the road. Once you understand and apply the correct observations and K53 driving standard you will automatically pass the learners test and become a safe and courteous driver.
The difference between this mock test and the official test is:
- We've changed the sequence of the questions.
- We've used similes, the question remains the same but we could present it a little differently. For example: The official test could use the word "railway line" where we will say "train line"
This material has proven to work more times than we can count, for the written and computerised test. We are confident that if you correctly answer all these questions, you will pass your written test. Read the comments from learners that have already passed using this material, you'll find the comments below each vehicle class.
Get Started or read about the different learners driving classes:
About the K53 official test:
The K53 written learners test consists of 100 multiple choice questions divided into three sections:
- Vehicle Controls
- Road Signs
- Driving and Observation Rules
Each class has 3 different question papers, question paper A, B and C.
Your examiner will issue you with a random question paper and explain the following:
- Regardless of the class of vehicle you are writing for, each learner must complete questions 1 to 52, these are general question related to the rules of the road.
- For the Motorcycle test, in addition to question 1 to 52, you will also answer questions 53 through to question 68.
- For light motor vehicles, Code 8 you will answer questions 69 to 84.
- For Heavy motor vehicles, Code 10, Code 11 and Code 14, questions 85 to 100 must also be answered.
- You are given 60 minutes to complete the test
Light Motor Vehicles test for Code 8, also specified as class 2 learners license.
Passing your official test will allow you to drive a vehicle where the weight, gross or tare does not exceed 3500Kg's. You are only allowed to drive a vehicle if you are under the the direct supervision of a licensed driver for the same class or greater. The minimum age requirement for code 8/class 2 learner's license is 17.
Motorbike / Motor Cycles Learners Test, Code 1.
Passing your K53 test will allow you to ride a motorcycle on public roads. The minimum age requirement for code 1 learner's license is 16 but restricted to motorcycles under 125cc until the age of 18. The restriction falls away if you are over 18 years of age and acquire your learners permit. A learner rider is not allowed to carry passengers (piggy backing).
Heavy vehicles, Trucks and Busses, classified as class 3 which covers Code 10, Code 11, and Code 14.
Passing your K53 test will allow you to drive an unloaded heavy vehicle on public roads. Certain loads require professional driving permits in addition to a learners or drivers license. The minimum age requirement for code 3 learners license is 18. The holder of a K53 class 3 learners permit can only operate a vehicle if under the direct supervision of a licensed driver with the same class. The learners permit is valid for 24 months from the date you pass the official test.
To apply for your learner's license you need 2 ID/Passport photos, a South African ID or Traffic Register Certificate and Proof of Address.
The cost of each application starts from +/- R68.00 but varies from province to province, find traffic departments in your area to enquire.
Geo tags: cape town