What is a My Green Card?
My Green Card is an affordable option available for residents of Cape Town to enter certain areas of the Table Mountain National Reserve.
At a cost of R135.00, My green card allows the holder 12 entrances and can be used for family and friends provided the registrant is present.
The Access permit can only be purchased once a year and is valid for 12 months from the date of registering.
What can I use the Green Card for?
The My Green is an access permit for Cape Point National Park, Boulders Beach (Penguins), Silvermine, Newlands forest, Tokai Forest, Perdekloof picnic spot and Oudekraal.
What do I need to apply for a my Green Card?
- 2 ID photos.
- Recent proof of address for Cape Town not older than 3 months.
- A South African ID.
- You need to complete a registration form with your basic contact information.
- Only one card can be purchased per year on a single ID but multiple cards can be applied for on the same address.
If a family member or friend lives with you at the same address, take them with and apply for separate cards, If they don't have valid proof of address, an affidavits will work as long as one person has proof of address. It is easier to apply at Cape Town airport and Simonstown as both of these information centres has Police stations in close proximity where the affidavits needs to be signed and stamped.
- The card can only be clipped 6 times per visit, 5 guest plus the card holder. If your group is larger than 6 you need to have more cards.
- Your original ID must be produced when entering Cape Point or other attractions using the Green Card.
- Weigh your options before having your card clipped, I would recommend only using the card for access at Cape Point/Cape of Good Hope and Boulders beach as these are the most expensive. Its not worth wasting a clip at the picnic spots. Its more economcle to just pay the minimal entrances fees at picnic spots and save the clips allocated on the My Green Card
Where can I buy a My Green Card?
Call ahead and inquire if cards are available before you go through.
|Cape Town international Airport
|6:00 to 21:00 Mon to Fri
8:00 to 20:00 Sat and Sundays
|021 934 1949
|City Centre Pinnacle building
Corner of Burg and Castle Street Cape Town
|8:30 to 16:30 Mon to Fri
8:30 to 13:00 Sat and Sundays
|021 487 6800
National Botanical Gardens
|8:30 to 16:30 Mon to Sun
||021 762 0267
111 St George's Street
|8:30 to 17:00 Mon to Fri
9:00 to 13:00 Sat and Sundays
|021 786 8440
Southey's Vines, 186 Main Road
|9:00 - 18:00 Mon to Fri
09:00 - 13:00 Sat – Sun
|021 840 1400
Sightseeing Travel Depot, 79 Long Street
|8:00 - 18:00 Mon – Sun
||021 424 0984