Passing Parallel Parking K53 Drivers Test
Geo tags: None
You are required to do the parallel parking from the right as well as the left, without bumping any of the obstacles or mounting the curb. This manoeuvre must be done within three movements or less. You will only be allowed two attempts on each side. The full observation sequence must be performed every time you move the vehicle in a different direction.Correct steps for Parallel Parking
- Position car in the starting block, when instructed to do so. Apply your hand brake and put the car in neutral.
- Check mirror and blind spot (to the side that you will be parking), select indicater.
- Select reverse gear and obtain clutch control.
- Do your 360 (full observation), from the opposite side to which you intend to turn.
- Release park brake and move off.
- Before you turn the steering wheel, check the opposite blind spot and steer into the parking bay.
- Position the car in the parking bay, and stop. (You are allowed two additional movements to do this, but the full observation must be carried out with each movement)
- Apply hand/park brake, and select neutral.
- Cancel indicator.
You will be instructed to drive out of the parking bay to do the manoeuvre from the other side or the next manoeuvre.
The full observation sequence must be performed again, ie:
- Centre mirror, blind spot (to the side that you’ll be turning), indicate.
- Select 1st gear, clutch control.
- Full (360) observation (blind spot, mirror, blind spot), from opposite side.
- Release park brake, move off without rolling or touching any obstacles.
- Position car in starting block for next manoeuvre.
on: 12 Jan 2018 at 09:15